- Introduction & General Terms
- Light Conscious membership;
- Gold Conscious membership;
- Golden Times membership;
- DS Light Surgery client;
- Soul Spa attendee
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person when visiting our hubs or events. In order to effectively teach and support you at School of Awakening, we collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies explains the following:
- what information the School of Awakening may collect about you;
- how the School of Awakening may use the information we collect about you;
- when the School of Awakening may use your details to contact you;
- whether the School of Awakening may disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- Who are we?
The School of Awakening is an online school providing conscious courses to adults. We also have a surgery in which clients have sessions with our Light Surgeon to resolve blocks in their health, wealth or relationships.
- What information will School of Awakening collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of School of Awakening’s products, or services, or create an online School of Awakening account we will receive personal information about you. This may consist of information such as your name, email address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of the School of Awakening products and services (such as when you last visited the website, what pages you visited on the website and what classes or events you’ve attended).
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information so we can best advise you of tools to use and provide full support to you on your awakening journey.
- How will the School of Awakening use information it collects about me?
The School of Awakening will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience on the site;
- where we provide personalised services, we will analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity using our products and services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your PIN to match you with a study buddy or use personal information on your current challenge to determine which campaign you should be part of.
If you have registered for a School of Awakening account this will also allow you to login to the School of Awakening website to access meditations, activations and transmissions or online classes.
Where the School of Awakening proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first.
- When will School of Awakening contact me?
The School of Awakening may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that the School of Awakening can deliver the services, e.g. to help you reset your password;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about the School of Awakening’s products or services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any communication you have submitted to the School of Awakening, e.g. on the School of Awakening Facebook group, via text, WhatsApp or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the School of Awakening services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to the School of Awakening policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We offer regular emails to let you know about School of Awakening products and services. You may opt out of these emails at any time by using the unsubscribe option.
- Will the School of Awakening share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within School of Awakening except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons).
- How long will the School of Awakening keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as it is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the School of Awakening. If you delete your account then your personal information will be erased and remaining data will be anonymised for analytical purposes.
- Can I find out what personal information the School of Awakening holds about me?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information School of Awakening holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
- What is a cookie and how does the School of Awakening use them?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.